Sunday, February 8, 2009

More Random Thoughts

Well this is the first opportunity I've had to write anything for over a week now. Let's jsut say theere hasn't been a whole lot sleep coming my way and if my son is around when I get onto the computer he tries to take over.

First up is my take on UFC 94. I predicted 2 out of 4 winners but aS i said the most hyped fights generally do not live up to the hype and BJ Penn vs GSP was no different. GSP won albeit not without some controversy. GSP dominated BJ in a way no one has ever done before. Penn's vaunted jiu-jitsu skills seemed to disapear which was most unusual. Afterwards it was revealed that GSP's cornerman was seen rubbing and tapping his back and chest area after having put vaseline on his face before several rounds. This is a big violation as being greased down prohibits your opponent from being able to grab ahold of you. The biggest question is how much vaseline was used. Right now an appeal will be filed but I doubt anything will come of it other than perhaps another fight between these two warriors down the road.

It's looking like the only concert I'll make in the upcoming months is the Street Dogs in March unless I decide to break down and start listening to local radio in an attempt to win tickets or some other shows are announced for Tulsa.

I'm currently reading a book about Guns n' Roses called "Watch You Bleed: The Saga of Guns n' Roses." There have been a few errors or things mentioned as fact when they are the authors personal opinion but overall it's been a pretty good read. There's lots of info on the early days of the band and it shows how Axl Rose came to be the control freak that he is. More on this later.

That's all for now, I've got to get to bed so I can get up for church early in the morning and then it'll be off to work.

No comments: