Tuesday, August 30, 2016

My To Do List Is Getting Kind Of Long

My to do list is getting longer and longer as my impending vacation looms large. I've always been a very good procrastinator, damn near a champion at it as a matter of fact. Need proof? Well in college I would wait until about ten o'clock the night before I had to give a speech for class to start on it. I always got an A on those speeches I'll have you know. Here's the list so far in no particular order but it doesn't include family, house or work stuff, i.e. the-not-so-fun stuff:

Get two episodes of Ten For Tuesday ready
Get one or two episodes of notmovingpictures ready
Make issue two of Badly Drawn.....On Purpose zine
Make issue three of Exercising Demons zine
Make issue one of What She Said zine
Make issue one of Crap I Used To Draw zine
Write and post book review of The Folly of Loving Life by Monica Drake (long overdue)
Write and submit zine reviews for Zine Nation
Re-write short story Lonely Life (just a working title)
Work on t-shirt design ideas
Pack for my vacation
Finish other preparations for my vacation (lists of gifts to buy, etc)

Perhaps I just thrive on getting things done at the last minute. That's what I've done here. I could have gotten serious with these zines weeks ago but no, I don't do things that way. More than likely I'll get three of them done which is good since the Tulsa Zine Fest is the week after I get back from my vacation and I'd like to have it all done before that. Which ones though, that's the question.

The zine and book review won't take very long as I've been mulling them over in my head for some time now. The music for both episodes of Ten For Tuesday is almost ready and there's a loose plan for notmovingpictures. The short story re-write will have to wait until I get some more feedback from family and friends. After that, well, things will just have to fall into place now won't they? They always seem to whether I like it or not.

Written and Published by Don Leach. May not be used without permission from the author.

No comments: