Wednesday, November 15, 2017

A Post That's Not About A Podcast?

It's been a while since any music has been forthcoming but that may be changing in the near future. About two weeks ago Aaron sent me some music that he is working on and after listening to on repeat finally a clear lyrical direction came to me. In my case I have to think through what the music makes me feel and figure out where to take it. Once I understand it the ideas began to flow.

What started off as just a line or two evolved onto much more. It isn't finished by a long shot but the next step will be to take what I've written and start fitting it to the structure of the song. More than likely this first part will be too long and may need to be broken up but it is a start. Once I know where I am I can look to see where the lyrics will go in order to get to the finish.

Afterwards I think I'll ask Aaron to create something for this other idea that I've had for some time. Speaking strictly from a subject matter viewpoint it will be miles away from this current project. I have some days I need to take off from work before the end of the year due to the company's "use it or lose it" vacation rules so perhaps with some effort on my part we could be on our way to at least two new songs.

You never know what the future holds. All I know for sure is it feels good to be creating.

Written and Published by Don Leach. May not be used without permission from the author.

No comments: