Monday, May 27, 2019

notmovingpicturres Episode 98: Zines, Collages, X and Guided By Voices



Yeah, I know, it's been a while and I've even had this episode ready for over a month. Why the delay? Because depression sucks and it's had a hold of me lately. One of the issues is a new anti-depressant that I was prescribed for insomnia as well as depression. Thing is, some of the side effects are insomnia and depression if that makes any kind of sense. Anyway, I'm in a creative mood and I need to grab it while I can.

On to episode 98 in which I talk about zines, of course. Specifically Modern Sainthood which includes a piece I wrote and Koogmo. Plus a collage done by Ryosuke Cohen in Japan that I sent in a weird little drawing to and he included it. Then I speak of not being to see X this month in Tulsa but thankfully I will see them in July in OKC. Then there is my infatuation with Guided By Voices and how I have been trying to acquire as much as I can. I do circle back around to more zine talk before closing it all up. I'll try not to take so much time for the next episode but I promise nothing. It is what it is.

Closing music: Cut Out Witch by Guided By Voices

Email: notmovingpictures@gmail.com  Twitter: @notmovingpics
Blog: www.notmovingpictures.blogspot.com

Written and Published by Don Leach. May not be used without permission from the author.

No comments: