Wednesday, April 28, 2021

What I've Been (Crate) Digging

Last Thursday I left work early to get my monthly shot at the VA, one that I haven't had for around 4 months. As I left my brain came up with the brilliant idea to go to Blue Moon Discs and do a little crate digging. BMD is only open M-F from 12-5, which means I never get to go there due to work, so I seized upon the idea and boy was I glad that I did. Check out below what I found.


The Ramones - Leave Home $10 As it 's written on the plastic, the cover is in bad shape but the vinyl was fine. What a steal! I've been wanting to find an original (old) version instead of this newfangled 180 gram stuff that's so readily available. This was the next to last record that I found 



The Drivers - Short Cuts $3 I knew nothing about this band so I googled them and had a quick listen. Turns out they were NIck Van Eede's band before Cutting Crew. You know, "I Just Died In Your Arms Tonight." Can't go too wrong for 3 bucks.


The Jim Carroll Band - Day Dreams $6 I mean, it's Jim Carroll, what more needs to be said? 



The Del Fuegos - Stand Up $6 Like many, the song "Don't Run Wild" was my introduction to Boston's Del Fuegos. This is the album that came after and was issued on Slash. I' have never found anything released on Slash that disappointed me. This was a no-brainer.


Cruzados - s/t $3 From the ashes of The Plugz came Cruzados, at least for a few albums. They were featured in the movie Road House. I first heard the song "Motorcycle Girl" on a compilation cassette called American Rock which featured quite a few good bands. Not that's something that needs to be released on vinyl. 


Cruzados - After Dark $3 2nd album The band recorded another unreleased album after this before calling it quits. Lead singer Tito Larriva next formed Tito & Tarantula and the band was featured in From Dusk Till Dawn as the vampire house band.

Six albums for 31 bucks. So what have you been buying?.


Written and Published by Don Leach. May not be used without permission from the author.

No comments: