Friday, February 26, 2010

The Police - So Lonely

I've always liked the earlier songs by The Police more so than the later (for the most part). I guess because of the energy that they put into them. Songs like Canary In A Coalmine, Man In A Suitcase and todays video look back (catchy huh?) So Lonely.



Back in the day, my best friend Tommy went to a ton of concerts and while I wasn't lucky enough to go to all of them with him I went to a few. Alas, the Synchronicity tour wasn't one of them. I remember thinking that I couldn't go so I'd just catch them on the next tour. Perhaps it was because I was away at college (okay it was about a 45 minute drive which is not an unsurmountable distance) or because I didn't have any money (a more likely culprit) but they came to Tulsa in either late 1983 or early 1984 and then promptly broke up a little while later. My memory is a little fuzzy on the when and why but it has been a long time. Well that "next tour" proved to be in 2007 when I was able to catch them in Dallas. They still sounded great even though it was 20 plus years since I had missed my chance. I can always check with Tommy to get the exact date but that would take too much effort. Just enjoy the video okay?

No comments: