Friday, April 19, 2019

Look What The Mail Brought, Modern Sainthood, Koogmo And A Collage from Ryosuke Cohen

It's amazing how receiving a few pieces of mail can change my outlook on the day and make me happy. This past Thursday that very thing happened to me. It's not as if I was sad or angry or anything along those lines but just receiving what you see below certainly made my day.


This is the cover over Modern Sainthood zine as well as a postcard of art from editor (and writer) Eva Marie Solangon. Eva did an amazing job on the artwork, the layout and the color scheme for this issue. It's such a great job that I'm going to check out her other artwork.


So if you're asking well what's so special about that it's because for the first time ever a story of mine has been published. I'm happy to have accomplished something with my writing and am looking for opportunities to do more. As a matter of fact I have two more pieces that have been accepted in other zines and am waiting to receive them.So I got that going for me.


At first I thought a brown envelope was junk mail from on of those life insurance companies pandering to anybody they could get to respond. I was about to rip it in half when "Japan" jumped out to me. It was from Ryosuke Cohen, an artist who makes collages from drawings, stamps, pictures, etc that are sent to him. Once completed he sends a copy put to each person who has contributed. My little drawing is in the lower left corner. My wife thinks we should put it in a frame and I have to agree. This collage is really cool and interesting to look at. Perhaps in the near future I'll submit something else to Mr. Cohen. As you can see he is a fantastic artist.


Lastly is Koogmo zine.When I sent out my zines in search of other zinesters wanting to trade this is one of the last to respond but it was worth the wait. This is a great zine that I want to read more of. I devoured all of the issues rapidly and it's one that I can highly recommend. I need to step my game up. Let's see what comes in the mail next. Hope it's as good as this batch.

No comments: