Sunday, April 25, 2021

Finally Finished - Does This Count zine # 2

After wasting a lot of time I've finally done another zine of Does This Count. Issue 2, subtitled Poetry From A Non Poet is my second haiku zine. Originally slated to be quarter size it ended up becoming a half size, basically because I mangled the cutting of the pages pretty badly and then opened up an inch long cut on my middle finger, thanks to a moment of inattention with the cutting board. So instead I scrapped what I had and started over. 


This issue will be going out in about a week to all of my zine friends and those that I admire and appreciate. With it will be the March and April issues of my newsletter I'm Not From Here I Just Live Here, as well as a mini zine dedicated to the most recent records that I bought. 

I've another zine that only needs the front and back covers to be designed and then it will be ready for printing. Of course it's been in that status for about 6 months now. Who knows when I'll get around to finishing it. 

Then there is Exercising Demons # 5, which I've been writing for off and on since 2019, my Cleveland Browns zine, one on shit stories, another for some of my favorite photographs I've taken, one for the 3 years of my ska radio show I did from 1997-2000, another about cats and, and, and there are actually more.

As you can see, I've got more ideas than I've time to work on them. They just keep on coming unbidden. Such is life. At least I'm creating again, which always feels nice. So I've got that going for me.

Written and Published by Don Leach. May not be used without permission from the author.

No comments: