Thursday, January 28, 2010

Joe Strummer and the Latino Rockabilly War - Trash City

I've been thinking about this Joe Strummer song a lot lately and have to say that in my humble opinion it's pretty amazing! This is a more obscure song from Strummer's solo career after The Clash broke up and is from the soundtrack to the movie "Permanent Record." Although it never hit in the top 40 and isn't known all over the world it doesn't matter because it's such a wonderful song. We lost a major talent when Joe died. Enjoy...............



Unfortunately I never got to see Joe play live although I could have. While doing my radio show at WMUL (Marshall University) in the latter 90s he came to Cincinnati and I had good connections with his label (Hell-Cat Records) and could have gotten free tickets and possibly even a show I.D. but I was at a point where I didn't want to drive 2 hours to see a show. Basically I was too lazy and it wasn't too much later that he died and I realized what I mistake I had made. That just goes to show that there are some things in life you shouldn't pass up on because you never know if you'll get another chance. R.I.P. Joe Strummer.

No comments: