Saturday, March 31, 2012

Busy Days Never Seem To Go Away

Just because I haven't written a great deal on the blog this past month it doesn't mean that I haven't been busy. Quite the opposite actually. My wife's condition had been steadily deteriorating day by day which meant that I was forced to pick up the slack as much as I could. My last post on the day of her surgery detailed what my days had been like so I won't rehash any of that. Suffice to say they were busy. Since then my mother in law has helped out a great deal with everything, especially our son, so that has eased some of the stress. It does appear that somehow other stress seems to find a way to get to you though. On the positive side of things my wife is getting better little by little so we can expect that in a few weeks time she'll be able to drive by herself and move around a lot better. As it is she's already starting to abandon her walker for short distances.

I also have undertaken the task of learning how to build a website for my friend Tommy's band Alloy, which you can check out here. When I say learning I mean it in every sense of the word as I have never attempted anything like this before. I haven't had so much as a single class on how to do this so instead of trying to learn html coding we decided to just use one of templates available by the company that was selected to host the site. It's been an education and the site still isn't quite where we would like it but it's getting closer. Things are starting to pick up for them too as we have been looking around town for places that they can play. In the last few days three shows have been booked and there is the promise of more on the horizon. Everything seems to be coming together for them after many years of hard work.

Then there is also the last thing on my list which has been taking up a lot of my creative time but I believe it deserves it's own post (hopefully tomorrow?) to detail just what has been going on. For that you'll have to check back to see what it is although if you follow me on Twitter or Facebook then you may already know. Well, that is if you've been paying attention. If however you've been living as busy an existence as me then you might have missed it. Until the next time then.

Written and Published by Don Leach. May not be used without permission from the author.

No comments: