Saturday, October 20, 2012

See What Listening To Punk Music Can Do For You?

Yesterday I listened to a few punk podcasts and out came some lyrics, but can you guess the impetus for them? It's not what you think.

Keep It Simple
 

Walked in the door got blindsided again

Tell me the order of what to do

Shifting priorities from day to day

Who am I to talk who am I to say

Change it up move it around

Talk as if the picture’s crystal clear

Not enough time not enough space

Chastising me is such a waste


Keep it simple keep it plain

Let me be lord of my domain ( terrain?)

I want to make everything fine

But you keep crossing the line

(Tell me what to do)


Perhaps a little clarification might

Help me realize the error of my ways

Some subtle understanding draws

Illuminate the size of my enormous flaws

Piece it together from here and there

Daily inventions amass piling over

At my wits end revealing it all bereft

It’s no wonder I’ve got no hair left
 

Written and Published by Don Leach. May not be used without permission from the author.

No comments: