Thursday, October 18, 2012

Trying So hard

What we do isn’t conversation
You’re only talking at me
Not interested in what I have to say
It can’t be good anyway
What we do is more like competition
Talking over each other
Trying to make our points
Nobody really wins by the way

Then you tell me
Do the best that you can
Believe me baby I am
Trying so hard
Trying so, so hard

Life is filled with false ideas
Freedom is only an illusion
You only think that you know
The truth cannot set you free
I don’t want to see this end
But nothing lasts forever
Sometimes it’s necessary
Still I don’t want to disagree

If you’re too old to enjoy it
What was the purpose
Everything was ventured
And nothing was gained
I’m convinced waiting for
Life to get better than this
Will be the death of me
I want better than this

Written and Published by Don Leach. May not be used without permission from the author.

No comments: