Sunday, November 16, 2014

Is It Worth It?

I wrote this yesterday sitting at the mall observing the people that were out in force doing their holiday shopping.

I'm sitting here at the mall watching my son play at the Xbox station. It's right next to Starbucks. There are a ton of people waiting for their beverage of choice. The thing is, they're really slow on delivering those drinks. People have been standing in a loose mob waiting patiently for their addiction. I've never had Starbucks, never even been a coffee or even warm drink person so I don' t know if the wait is worth it. I mean, how good could it be?

It would have to be pretty amazing to make me spend my time idly standing with the rest of the herd waiting for my fix. These people are in line for at least twenty minutes if not more just to PLACE their order. Then it's even longer to get your drink. That time could be better spent sitting comfortably attempting in vain to make the "free" Wi-Fi work on my tablet. It's not gonna happen but at least I've been trying. That's gotta count for something, right? Right?

Written and Published by Don Leach. May not be used without permission from the author.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about wait for one emoliente?

Don said...

Now emoliente is another thing altogether. For that I'd be willing to wait.