Thursday, August 2, 2012

Wolf In Sheep's Clothing

These lyrics came to me today at work. I guess you could say it's something that's been stewing in my mind for a long time. While it is the nature of working 2nd shift to have people leave as soon as a day shift position opens it does get rather tiring. I guess after having it happen one too many times I decided to vent. However, f I didn't say this was the source of my angst would you have known from reading the words? Hopefully the answer is no. More than likely what brought this on was the way that I found out about the latest defection. The bomb was dropped as if I already knew all about it so I was totally shocked, and angered and pissed if you want to know the truth. Ah, but angst does help to make great or in this case so-so art.

Wolf In Sheep’s Clothing

Another one exits
Another takes their place
Another spreads lies
Another welcomes the fake

Wolf in sheep’s clothing
Hiding your true self
Secret plans comes first
Desire gained by stealth

Who are you
Who are you

Too many names forgotten
Too many days gone by
Too many faded photographs
Too many memories died

Emotion’s burned out
Ambition buried in the pile
Karma might catch you
Add your name to the file

Who were you
Who were you

Better not to speak now
Better left unsaid
Better to go our own way
Better off dead

Now I know your purpose
It’s all in the game
Time to pay the toll
With it comes the blame

Who are we
Who are we

Written and Published by Don Leach. May not be used without permission from the author.

No comments: