Saturday, July 5, 2014

notmovingpictures Episode 21: And You Though We Went Away Forever



Man, It's been a really long time since an episode has been put out. A really long time. But your hopes and prayers were not answered, notmovingpictures is back once again. Tommy and I haven't been able to get together and record (that ends tomorrow) but I was able to record this rambling diatribe on life after going to see Alejandro Escovedo and Betty Soo perform on June 11th at The Vanguard here in Tulsa.


For some reason it took me over three weeks to get around to editing it even though I wanted to get it done that night after the show. What can I say about the music? Alejandro is always amazing and this time it was just him and his guitar with violinist Susan Voelz accompanying him. They were mesmerizing in their intensity. Betty Soo was a revelation. She possesses a beautiful and powerful voice and I'm better for having seen her. Their music put me in a very introspective mood as you will hear in the podcast. Well, providing you listen to all of it, that is.


Unless the storm of the century hits tonight/tomorrow morning we will get something recorded on Sunday and I'm rather sure that in two weeks time we'll be able to get together again and record some more. Then of course The Supersuckers are in town this month and I anticipate going to see them so perhaps I'll do another solo epsisode afterwards. This thing could catch on with me as long as there are bands I'd care to go see play. Not too many come here, that or I'm far too picky. Take your choice.

Opening Music: Alloy - Live To See The Day
Closing Music: Alejandro Escovedo - Crooked Frame & Betty Soo - Love Is Real

Email: notmovingpictures@gmail.com Twitter: @notmovingpics
Blog: www.notmovingpictures.blogspot.com

Older episodes can also be found @ www.archive.org, just search for notmovingpictures.

Written and Published by Don Leach. May not be used without permission from the author.

No comments: