Saturday, April 20, 2019

Rockathon Records Made My Day A Little Brighter

Well, the postman made my day a little brighter once again as he delivered my order from Rockathon Records yesterday.


My order consisted of Eat 11 (an art book in a series of Bob Pollard's collages, A dvd (Guided By Voices: The Who Went Home And Cried), a cd of Bob's called Zoom and a cd by one of the myriad side groups that Bob has done, Go Back Snowball. Eat 11 didn't take much time to review but I did try to give each picture time to reflect on it. I'm sure this is something I'll go back periodically to look at again. My intention is to listen to the cds this weekend and if possible watch the dvd as well. Have to wait to see how things shake out in the casa.

Another thing to make me happy was that I bought tickets to see X in OKC on July 1st. Since it's in the summer I'll be taking my son and my best friend Tommy will be accompanying us. It will be the perfect time to take my son on a mini road trip where we'll be able to eat some really good Pho. Can't wait for this show and for the rest of the vinyl that's on it's way but that is another story.

Written and Published by Don Leach. May not be used without permission from the author.

No comments: