Sunday, May 8, 2022

Why Life

I'm not a fan of days like this. When I can only daydream of another life. Of a happy life. All I can feel at this moment is the need to be alone, in a dark room. I mean a room so dark it is completely devoid of light. There I could curl up in a ball and close my eyes, shut off my brain and drift. Not thinking or feeling, just drifting. 
 
On days like this when the thought of happiness seems unobtainable, I can't even have that. Why isn't there a reset button I could hit? Why can't I start over without this baggage? Why does the thought of more time seem so unbearable? What is the point of all of this? 

Written and Published by Don Leach. May not be used without permission from the author.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Don,
I'm someone who's never commented, but am sorry to read of your struggles. I don't have anything meaningful to add, but hope you are able to have support from your circle of friends and family, to lean on them when you need. I found your site because I liked listening to your radio show Ska Beat on the Internet Archive - great memories! I wish you all the best,
- Steve in PA