Monday, November 19, 2012

Actually

This one came to me somewhere around the 6th of November. It's been a good month or so for me as far as writing lyrics at least. If you can guess what it's about then you're probably not much of a mind reader. I think it's rather clear and to the point unlike most of what I write. Still, by the time it gets worked on for an actual song it will probably change a lot. Once it does I'll try and remember to post it and contrast what it is from what it was.
 
 
You always talk a good game
Open your mouth and
Expect me to follow
Snap your fingers and
Tell me to listen not
Do what you do.................actually
 
Is this the dream life you thought of
Clashing verbiage when you fall down
Surrounded by moments of joy
Is this how you bury your sorrow.......actually
 
The things I do that you hate
Are fine enough for you to imitate
the looking glass never shows the truth
Your eyes are covered by a mask........actually
 
Multiple cult of personalities gather
Behind the curtain of dark gray matter
Do the linguistic dance mix patter
Blame it all on cultural diversity......actually
 
Conflicting interests far too frequently
Never claimed to be a mind reader
Come down off the pedestal you chose
Come join me in a real world alliance....actually


Written and Published by Don Leach. May not be used without permission from the author.

No comments: