Friday, November 30, 2012

Ten For Tuesday Ep 19: All Rush All The Time

In honor to the band Rush and to commemorate the road trip to see them in San Antonio I offer you the listener with this special bonus podcast. Rush has such a huge catalog of music to choose from so in an effort to whittle the possibilities down I decided to concentrate on my favorite period of their music. My favorite period is from three consecutive albums (Permanent Waves, Moving Pictures and Signals) which actually straddles a line drawn by a lot of Rush fans, that being between Moving Pictures and Signals. Since I'm not a conventional guy or even normal according to my friends and family though this is my favorite period of the bands music. To be honest I could almost include all of the songs on any of these albums on a list such as this but since I am limited to ten I had to make some hard choices. Here they are:

The Spirit Of Radio
Subdivision
Freewill
New World Man
Digital Man
Tom Sawyer
The Analog Kid
The Camera Eye
Limelight
YYZ



Written and Published by Don Leach. May not be used without permission from the author.

No comments: