Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Swimming In The Sewer

I wrote this one on the 7th while listening to a band called Jaya The Cat. It seems pretty self explanatory to me but who knows, maybe somebody else will get a different meaning from it.

They say that nothing in life is free
Man they got that right
Ever since I was pushed out
It’s all been struggle and strife
You can talk all you want
About the way it should be
I’m down here swimming
In the sewer with the animals….actually

They say nothing is owed in life
Man they got that right
Every time I try to make a turn
I’m plagued by a man with no sight
If I ask for a helping hand
Is anybody even gonna listen
Meanwhile I’m still swimming
In the sewer watching the animals…..actually

Just let me take a step, take a step
Before the next wave crashes down
Just let me have a little dream, little dream
Before it all comes crashing down

They said I’d never amount to nothing
Man they got that right
Learned my lessons being pushed
Never chose the nine to five
Still I can hold my head up high
I took everything that I earned
That’s why I’m a shark swimming
In the sewer with the animals…..actually

Written and Published by Don Leach. May not be used without permission from the author.

No comments: