Friday, February 8, 2013

More Than Just Time

I was listening to some Will Hoge tonight and got inspired. This is what came out:

More Than Just Time

Needed a job so I signed on the dotted line
Spent eight years in the ranks
Before I decided to move on
One wife came and went
Took almost as long to leave her behind
 It ended up costing me more than just time

Away from everything I’ve ever known
My life has been left behind
Traded my view of right and wrong
Stood in my booted feet in the shifting sand
Wasn’t supposed to have chambered a round
Never had to kill my fellow man

My father served as his did before
When I look in my son’s eyes
I don’t want this to go on anymore
Some secret man hiding behind secret walls
Send the best off to die somewhere else
Always with profits in his eyes

Written and Published by Don Leach. May not be used without permission from the author.

No comments: