Monday, February 25, 2013

Something New This Way Comes

I was sitting in church today (skipping my class) and this one came out. It's very rough (okay a lot rough) but it pertains to a couple of things that have been in the back of my mind a lot lately. Sooner or later they'll come rising to the top and there you are. And no it isn't about my sexuality goofballs.

It’s staring me in the face
But I avoid it
A small whisper building to a roar
But I pretend not to hear
So obvious like a slap in the face
But I can’t admit it
 
Too many questions too many what if’s
What can I do what can I say

Is there such a thing as use it or lose it
Or is it never too late to make the change
Adapt and charge indulge your youth
It’s not about who knows just go do it

Don’t wanna live doomed to regret
The perfect idea goes nowhere alone
Unable to live solely within your thoughts
Say it out loud and write it down

The time is soon coming


Written and Published by Don Leach. May not be used without permission from the author.

No comments: