Sunday, May 19, 2013

On Saturday night I was able to see Will Hoge for free at Mayfest in Tulsa. To see an artist of his caliber let alone for free at an event like this is incredible. I missed the first few minutes of the show because I couldn't find his location. As it turned out there were two separate areas in downtown Tulsa that had streets blocked off and I wasn't in the one I wanted to be in. After I found where he was playing I was finally able to reach my wife by cellphone and she and our son found their way to me. My son enjoyed the music but by the time it was over at 11 PM he was more than ready to go home. 
 

At that point we had been there for about five hours and even though we missed the hottest part of the day (92 degrees) it was still plenty hot and we had walked around a good bit. There were lots of vendors there selling everything imaginable under the sun and lots of interesting looking people as well an exhibit of cars as art. After the sun went down it cooled off nicely which made listening to the music all that more enjoyable. This was the first time I've ever gone to Mayfest but if they keep bringing quality musicians like Will Hoge I guarantee it won't be the last.



Written and Published by Don Leach. May not be used without permission from the author.

No comments: