Wednesday, September 18, 2013

New Stuff I'm Working On

I've had a lot on my mind lately and as such some of it is starting to leak from my brain. All of this is basically first draft stuff so take it for what it is.

9/17/13
I have no choice but to follow
The dance of make believe you regurgitate
Creating it as you go along
Changing the rules on a whim
Keeping everyone off balance
Unsure of what the day will hold
Do as you wish not what’s best
Wield your pretend power
Keep it going as long as you can
Take full advantage of it
One day I’ll disappear from here
Not that it matters though

9/16
Tell your tall tales
Standing six feet above
Spread your cancerous rumors
With no hint of love


Some Of Them 9/16/13

Some of them drift in
From time to time
Some of them remain
To this very day
Some of them stay online
Keeping a presence known
Some of them disappeared
From the start faded away

Missed opportunities
A prayer left unsaid
Vowed never to repeat
Left with bowed head
Never again, never again
Mutter in fevered prayer
Open my eyes to the world
Never fail you again my friend


Written and Published by Don Leach. May not be used without permission from the author.

No comments: