Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Ten For Tuesday Episode 045



It's been three weeks since the last episode but I have a good reason for being so tardy. No, I wasn't being lazy, instead I've been sick. Well I still am not quite over it but almost. The very day I put up episode 044 was the day it hit me hard, I even missed work because of it and still have no idea of exactly what I had. In addition my wife and son were also sick so you can see what I've been doing. At any rate I'm well enough now to return to my podcasting ways.

I get this podcast called The Current Song Of The Day that comes from a Minnesota public radio station (The Current). Basically they give you the best new, independent and unreleased songs. If you go to www.thecurrent.org you will find that you can download these songs as well. A few days ago I really liked the song of the day so I went to the website and poked around and before you know it I had six songs. I decided to include the Clutch and Avenged Sevenfold (listen closely, I mangle their name on the podcast) and then yesterday there was another song of the day that I like so all I had to do was add the Downtown Struts and the episode was complete. Do yourself a favor and check out The Current. I can't say I like all of the bands on there but I like enough. Where else can a guy like me find cool music for free? That's what I thought.

Noah And The Whale - All Through The Night   
Bare The Traveler – Weedle   
The Wallies – Subtle Romance
Wampire – Trains  
Best Coast – This Lonely Morning
Typesetter – Hell Is Cold    
Downtown Struts – Anchors  
Brilliant Beast – A Child On Fire   
Clutch – Crucial Velocity     Earth Rocker 2013
Avenged Sevenfold – Shepherd Of Fire    

Ten For Tuesday is a podcast dedicated to playing the music I couldn’t find anywhere else. The music I like varies from style to style, genre to genre and era to era. You will hear punk, ska, rock, Americana, metal, country, rockabilly, new wave and more from all over the world. It doesn’t matter if it’s a major label or indie as long as I like it then it gets played. The motto is Less Talk More Music which means you won’t hear me waxing poetic for fifteen minutes between songs. At TFT it’s all about the music…..and me of course.

Email: tenfortuesday@gmail.com Twitter: @notmovingpics
Blog: www.notmovingpictures.blogspot.com

Old episodes can be found by searching for Ten For Tuesday at www.archive.org.

Written and Published by Don Leach. May not be used without permission from the author.

No comments: