Friday, February 14, 2014

It's Valentines Day Again...............

Well Valentines Day is here once again but unlike years gone by I won't be rushing out to Walmart or some other such store desperately trying to find some flowers or a card. I've done that in the past and had to fight my past other poor saps to get the last slightly wilted bouquet of roses before making my way down the card strewn aisle to select from everybody else's leavings. The fact is I have learned a thing or two about my wife since getting married. The thing is she tends to change her mind from year to year so if I try and surprise her with something then chances are I'll get it wrong.

So instead I prepare by getting her nothing. Now before you start muttering how much of a jerk I am for not getting her something on this most holy of days that is not what I said. I said I prepare by not getting anything, not that I won't be getting her anything. In order to make sure that wife gets exactly what she wants I'll be giving her a card then taking her to lunch and after that wherever she wants to get whatever she wants. If she wants a plant this year then we'll go get the plant that she wants not the one I think she wants. If she wants flowers then we'll find the ones she wants not the ones I think she would like.

This way she gets precisely what will make her happy and I don't get in her doghouse. If you think that this isn't very romantic or some such drivel the you probably haven't been married very long. By getting what she wants she'll be happy and as a by product so will I. And that's a good thing in my book.

Written and Published by Don Leach. May not be used without permission from the author.

No comments: