Sunday, February 2, 2014

Writing Scraps

Here are some scraps of things that came to me but were never developed further. Not sure if they're any good. There's something there, just not sure what it is.

I'm the center of all that is wrong in your universe
The eye that has been poked out by your hurricane
The maelstrom at the end of your regret

My patience is as thin and worn out as the socks on my feet

You asked if what I was writing was good or bad
I just shrugged my shoulders and said what is bad
You replied something negative or sad
I returned with for me there is no good there is no bad
A poem is just a poem the words what they were meant to be
Perhaps an exercise in learning patience or to prevent frustration
Maybe just words on paper and nothing more

Tired of being second best everywhere
That's all I've got

Written and Published by Don Leach. May not be used without permission from the author.

No comments: