Saturday, July 20, 2013

The Name Says It All



We  were in the bus station in Pisco, Peru when I decided to step outside and see if I could find someplace where I could get a snack and some change. Across the street was this sign over a beauty salon and I had to take a picture of it. You see, in Peru regular business owners don't let little things like copyright infringement worry them too much. They'll use famous peoples faces or names or logos without giving it a second thought. I mean realistically is Facebook going to send lawyers to Pisco and look for this shop in order to give them a cease and desist order and then hang around to verify that it is followed? I think not.

The funny thing is that Christian (the boyfriend of my wife's cousin Melissa) had gone out of the station as well and when he got back he showed me a picture he had taken on his phone of this very same sign. I guess great minds think alike. A great site to find these kinds of photos and other funny things is www.perufail.com and I believe this shop was featured there several years ago. As long as you keep your eyes open you can see funny things like this a lot. Now as to the question of whether or not using a prominent face, name or logo will help your unassociated business increase its clientele, well, who knows if it's effective or not, but I'm sure it doesn't hurt.

Written and Published by Don Leach. May not be used without permission from the author.

1 comment:

Gary Rivera said...

esa pagina es mi favorita!!! Nos muestra tal como somos! jajaaa