Thursday, June 24, 2010

12 Inch Singles BoDeans - She's A Runaway


This is song number six in my ongoing saga of that day back in 1986 after I returned from Basic and Advance Individual Training for the Army National Guard and I ventured to a flea market in Tulsa and found a number of 12 inch singles. On some of these I was familiar with the artists but not most of them. The BoDeans are a roots rock band formed in 1983 in Waukesha, Wisconsin and this song is off of their debut album Love & Hope & Sex & Dreams which was released in 1986 on Slash Records. If you listen to the words you can understand it's about a woman who's been pushed too far and takes her revenge. What's immediately clear is how well Sammy Llanas and Kurt Neumann's voices harmonize and that's what has stayed with me over the years although I will admit that their lyrics and musicianship has a lot to do with it too.

http://www.spike.com/video/bodeans-shes-runaway/2789116

For now I can't find the video anywhere that lets me embed it so until I find it you can go to the above link to hear the song. This sucks.

No comments: