Wednesday, June 30, 2010

World Cup Quarterfinals results and picks

It seems that I have picked 7 out of 8 of the teams that made it to the World Cup quarterfinals with the only miss being that I picked the U.S. over Ghana. While I thought that they could make it past Ghana I didn't think they would have the firepower to best Uruguay in the next round. Well I was correct about them not having enough firepower but it occured one game sooner than I anticipated. My next picks are Argentina over Germany, Uruguay over Ghana, Brazil over the Netherlands and Spain over Paraguay. Paraguay suffers from the same affliction as the U.S. which is an inability to score. Brazil has too much skill for the Netherlands and I don't think Ghana can stay with Uruguay for an entire match. The biggest question is Germany vs Argentina. They're both very good teams and it could go either way. We'll see if I continue to pick well but at this stage anything is possible.

No comments: