Friday, March 29, 2013

I Must Write

Wow, even more new stuff. This was the last one written and is the shortest. I guess my creative spurt was fading fast. As was Washed Away this one came out and I did not go back over it so roughness prevails once again. As always I'm sure Tommy will get ahold of these and shrink them down to their essence. This ones exists somewhere in between the other two. Monotony was very personal, Washed Away was very general and then there is I Must Write. It's how I feel many a night or day. Some days I am able to get it down and others, well, life intrudes and wins out over creativity at times. That's life.

I can’t get any sleep tonight
My head is filled with ideas
Swarming through my eyes
My brain won’t relent
Writing as fast as possible
Still there are parts that I forget
To lie still and do nothing
Goes against the grain

My mind is inflamed
Of what or where could be
Half dream half guided story
Imagination has taken over
Am I wishing for this misery
Entertaining creative fancy
Cognitive powers on full charge
To exist I must write

Written and Published by Don Leach. May not be used without permission from the author.

No comments: