Thursday, March 28, 2013

Monotony

While at work tonight as I listened to some music I was overcome with the desire to take a break and write. Knowing that I wouldn't be able to concentrate if I didn't do this I acquiesced to my muse. Wow, I'm sounding pretty snotty there. Anyway, I gave in and this one came out in about five minutes after which I went back over it and added a few words here and there and this one was born. I'm sure that when Tommy gets a look at it things will change but until then this is it.I'll just go ahead and say it's not about what you probably think it is.

Monotony

You call me in again
Have me sit down
Proceed to inform me
Everything I’ve done wrong
Gritting my teeth and
Shaking my head
I wonder why this is so
Another tired day of sorrow

Complaints duly registered
Minor none major we see
Yet here we sit once again
Grownups or children
You tell me your truth
Then I’ll tell you mine
Can’t seem to do good
Always placed out of line

Days locked into blind step
They all bleed into one
Keep my head bent low
And strive to push on
Every day filled with this
No end appears in sight
How many years I’ve missed
Something better than this

Written and Published by Don Leach. May not be used without permission from the author.

No comments: