Friday, March 29, 2013

Washed Away

 Right after I finished Monotony I started this one. It seems my mind was not yet finished creatively. While Monotony was very personal this one is me writing very objectively, very generally about something that just sounds cool to me. I have not gone back over it as usual so it is rough on places.

Washed Away

Filled with white hot anger
Spilling over the brim
I can’t control what I feel
Can’t control who I am
Confess your truth once more
Before I end your pain
Deep dark secrets revealed
Makes darker the stain

Yelling and wildly thrashing
I call out your name
Seeing the past and future
Who else can I blame
Born into procrastination
It’s my familial right
The decision already made
Don’t want to escape my plight

Blinded by a lack of ambition
I dreamed of far better
Waited for the door’s knock
Cursed by the blackened letter
A vision of all that’s wrong
The melody of our shame
Held together on repeat
Crashing through my brain

My dreams have been washed away

Written and Published by Don Leach. May not be used without permission from the author.

No comments: