Monday, March 25, 2013

If I'm Being Honest

Just something that came out today, first draft as always. Seems to be I'm writing a lot of lyrics lately. Coincidence? I think not.

If it all ended today
If you walked away
What could I say

Place the blame all on you
That wouldn’t be the truth
Everybody has their problems

I’ve got my share
But who really cares
It leads to nowhere

I’m just drifting along
Am I really working it out
Or just writing another song

I can’t say…..if I’m being honest
If I’m being honest…..I can’t say

How can you love me
When I’m not even
The person I want to be
How can I love you
When I’m not even
The person I want to be
Lurching forth blindly
There’s never been a plan
At least none I can understand

My heads full of ideas
But I don’t know how
To make anything of them

I don’t want to never
Bring any of them to light
Have them die by fright

I’m held back by the fear
Of losing what I have
The end result becomes the same

I don’t know what I want anymore
I don’t know what I want anymore
I don’t know what I want anymore
I don’t know how long you’ll wait
I don’t want you to hate me

Written and Published by Don Leach. May not be used without permission from the author.

No comments: