Thursday, April 22, 2010

Cleveland Browns And The NFL Draft



Well, It's technically Thursday and that means that the NFL Draft is finally upon us. I have been a Cleveland Browns fan (fortunately or unfortunately) since about the 5th grade and that means for over 30 years give or take. Tonight and the following two days will probably involve some cheering, some head scratching and quite possibly some hair pulling (what little I have left) all done on my part. Every year the draft gives us hope for the future, that is until they actually start naming the picks. The Browns have had some hit and miss picks but with their new regime in the front office I'm hoping that finally they'll hit on more than they miss. Don't get me wrong, the Browns have made some great picks like Joe Thomas in recent years but in reality all you have to do is look at their current roster to see how many former picks are no longer with the club to know that it doesn't bode well when considering they want their club to attempt at longevity at the top of the league. With their first few picks they desperately need some players that will at least gain some playing time if not becoming outright starters in their rookie seasons.

Many self-presumed draft analysts have submitted their mock drafts to the viewing public and have made their cases for who the Browns should pick and why. I won't even begin to bore you with my pathetic attempt but I will say that if by some chance Eric Berry is there at number seven they have to pull the trigger and take him. Unless of course they want their fans to riot. Will this be the draft class that finally pulls the Browns out of their doldrums and leads them back to the top? Only time will tell. I'll be at work so I'll have to check in periodically as best I can to see what's happened. I can always dream and hope that the Browns wow and amaze all of the prognosticators with their drafting prowess and if not, well, there's always next year.

No comments: