Friday, May 28, 2010

Iron Man 2

While the family vacation is over mine continues as I don't have to go back to work until Tuesday. With that in mind I took my son to the babysitter and went to a movie. I considered seeing a documentary called Reel Injuns but honestly I just wanted something where I could unplug my brain and relax so I went to the discount theater to see The Crazies. However after I got there I saw a note on the door stating that it would not be shown due to "technical difficulties" whatever that means. Since they didn't have anything else that I wanted to see I jumped back into my truck and attempted to race over to another theater that was only about 2 miles away. I say attempted because one of the streets was cut down to a single lane each way due to construction. At any rate I got there and again was faced with the prospect of not seeing much that I was interested in that would start soon so I decided on........Iron Man 2



I will say right now that I didn't watch more than about 15-20 minutes of the first movie. For some reason I couldn't get into it and before I knew it the dvd had to be back at the library. With that in mind I have to say that I really enjoyed this film. The special effects are nothing short of amazing. You could see it for that reason alone. I'm not going to get into the details of the plot but it was enough for me plus it's setting up an Avengers movie. Just about everyone left during the credits but for the few of us who stayed until after the credits rolled there was another scene that showed Thor's hammer in a large crater. All in all it was a nice getaway for me and a good way to spend some time for myself. Go see it.

No comments: