Wednesday, June 25, 2014

I Guess I Don't Count In Your Eyes

Another new one that came to me yesterday. I guess it's true about me that I get things out when I'm upset. I just can't stand the idea that just because I don't agree with you then you have the right to rip into me and act is if I don't count (hence the title, pretty slick huh?). Just because we have differing views it doesn't invalidate what you believe, it's just different. except in the case of those two yayhoos on the Internet that provided the stimulus for this one. They were self righteous, smug, self-important bastards, not that I'm holding a grudge or anything.

I Guess I Don't Count

State your opinions out loud
There for all to hear
They respond with vigor
Condescension in the air
I am white so I am right
Lean to the right with me
Let me cover the facts
Smothered in confusion
Double talk a hint of hate
It’s a recipe that succeeds
Don’t dare to contradict
Your belief and theories
Based on retreaded verbiage
It all means nothing

Written and Published by Don Leach. May not be used without permission from the author.

No comments: