Friday, June 20, 2014

The Faster Eye

Wow, I forgot about this one for a minute and I only wrote it last night. Shows where my brain is or in this case isn't. Basically it's just some new lyrics/poetry, whichever you prefer. I've been thinking about recording some of this and putting it out as a podcast episode but of course time is the big problem. never seems to be enough of it.

The Faster Eye

The faster I try and shovel this shit
More comes in to replace
It’s just getting to be too much
Struggling to keep my head above
Wonder what it feels like down under
Lose it all feel the weight come off
See what’s most important to
Me I think less stress less problems

Slacking on the corporate image
Never wanted to be that man
Anyway can’t reconcile the mirror
Don’t much like who I am
Life hasn’t gone where I thought
Bitter lessons learned come undone
Slowly silently panicked from this   
Imagine who I could become

I don’t wanna go through another
Different day same old thing
Repetitive mental overlord screaming
About time to get something done
Intestinal cowardice holds me in place
Fear of the unknown success
Better to sit mouth hung open
Staring takes so much less effort

Written and Published by Don Leach. May not be used without permission from the author.

No comments: