Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Star Wars GPS Voices........An Idea Long Overdue....Thanks TomTom

I just saw a story on Yahoo about this and felt the need to voice my opinion on the subject. In my opinion it's long overdue for Star Wars characters to lend their voices to a GPS device, most of these use very generic and boring voices so why not juice it up? Sure, only geeks like me will get into this (if I had a GPS that is) but man wouldn't it be cool? Sorry if you don't think so but it's my blog and my opinion is the one that counts. I found these two videos for Yoda and Darth Vader but the story doesn't say who the initial third voice will be. Later, Harrison Ford's voice will be added to make it a total of four. So who could the other voice be? It might be safe to say that we can eliminate Chewbacca, R2D2, Ben Kenobi and the Ewoks so my money is on Mark Hamill's Luke Skywalker character. Of course they could always at the smooth sounds of Billy Dee Williams. Well guess what? While writing this I followed a link and it turns out that the third voice is C3PO. Hmmmm, I dunno about that one. Perhaps soon I can use the Force on my wife. "We do need a GPS. You want to get me a new laptop. We will......." Uhh, I better stop on that one.



No comments: