Saturday, July 17, 2010

Alejandro Escovedo & The Sensitive Boys Live in Tulsa



Tonight at work I received the very outstanding news that Alejandro Escovedo will be coming to the Cain's Ballroom here in Tulsa on August 30th. Al's music means a lot to me and I have a great deal of respect for him as an artist because he puts out very real and meaningful music in a world that is populated by trend jumping wannabe stars. Don't get me wrong, if huge success were to come his way I don't think he'd turn his nose up at it but I'd like to think that he would make it on his terms, not those dictated to him by some schmuck in a suit who knows nothing of music, only numbers learned in marketing school. No, Al's music is very personal and it seems to be a way that he can express he feelings and frustrations with whatever life throws his way, not matter how good or bad it may be. That's the best term that I can use to describe him and his music, real.



You can make a safe bet that I will be there bright and early for this inexpensive show. The tickets are only $18 in advance and $20 the day of the show and if you want a good return on your money then this is the investment for you. If you don't leave the show with a warm glow all over you then you have to be either emotionally numb or a zombie. Of course, that's just my opinion, what do I know? I've seen Alejandro twice before, the first time was on Mountain Stage in Charleston, WV back in 2001 and the 2nd was in Oklahoma City in 2002 which was not that long after I moved back to Oklahoma. So it's been a long 8 years since I've seen Al play live and I am extremely happy that he is finally coming to Tulsa. You can call it an early birthday present for me and look for me close to the stage, I'll be the one singing along all night long.

No comments: