Wednesday, March 24, 2010

2010 Pan Jiu Jitsu Championships AND 1st Peru Open International de Jiu Jitsu

I just came across this today while perusing the Gracie Magazine site (www.graciemag.com and I still haven't figured out how to do a link) so i thought why not throw it up on the site. If you like Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and/or submission grappling (and I do) then this is for you. If not, well just move along then. The 2010 Pan Jiu Jitsu Championships will be streamed live on April 11th via the internet for the first time ever for free thanks to Budo Videos. So if you're like me and unable to travel to Irvine, Ca to watch in person then just jump online and satisfy your grappling urges.



Also, while on the Gracie Mag site I came across this bit of news concerning Jiu Jitsu, surfing and Peru. On April 25th the 1st Peru Open International de Jiu Jitsu will be held with competitors coming from Brazil, Argentina, Peru, Ecuador, Venezuela, Costa Rica and Chile, featuring seminars and surfing competition for black belts. Surfing goes hand in hand with Jiu Jitsu in Brazil as many top level guys like Rickson and Royler Gracie are avid surfers. If you're going to be in Peru don't miss this event. Of course I won't be able to attend unless I somehow win the lottery before then. My wife is from Peru and we were able to bring our son for a vist in 2008 so that her family could see him. Money is tight right now but we're hoping to go again, perhaps next year. This looks to be a very cool event that will only showcase how Jiu Jitsu is growing in Peru.

No comments: