Sunday, March 7, 2010

Before I Go To Sleep Tonight.......

It's time for me to go to bed but I just have to post something else. If I don't I know I won't be able to go to sleep. I'm listening to some good groups which for the most part never seem to get much attention from the mainstream media. It makes no sense to me so I'm putting up a few videos by these very talented groups.

First up is the Bedouin Soundclash song Walls Fall Down. They are a talented 3 piece group from Canada who blend many styles in an effort to increase their name but without taking shortcuts with their music.



Grupo Fantasma hail from Austin, Tx and combine elements of funk, mambo, merengue, and cumbia. Their latest release El Existential comes out on May 11th. Do yourself (and the band) a favor and get it. Gime Some is from their Grammy nominated album from 2008, Sonidas Gold.




Brothers Simon and Tybor come from South London and made themselves quite a name as The Dualers due to their street busking of classic ska, reggae and soul tunes. They've also put out their own songs as well and Don't Go released in 2009 is one of the best.



Lastly, I bring you After Party by the amazing L.A. group Ozomatli. Their bio states "Their music-- a notorious urban-Latino-and-beyond collision of hip hop and salsa, dancehall and cumbia, samba and funk, merengue and comparsa, East LA R&B and New Orleans second line, Jamaican ragga and Indian raga-- has long followed a key mantra: it will take you around the world by taking you around L.A." That's all you need to know to enjoy this wonderful group.



So there you have it. 4 very diverse bands that share the ability to make wonderful music. Go out and support them. And now finally I can sleep.

No comments: