Sunday, March 21, 2010

Not So Good Sunday

It's Spring and we got about 6 inches of snow yesterday in Tulsa. Nice. I've got a couple things that I want to write about, serious things about relationships and so forth but I feel like crap right now. My wife is asleep and my son is still up even though it's almost midnight here so realistically I know that even if I try to write it probably won't come out the way I want it to and I'll sit up until it's really late as I keep changing and editing and will ultimately end up being disappointed with the final result. With that in mind I'm going to cut my losses and do my usual video/song thing about an 80s song that wasn't widely known. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be on my game a little better and finally get this stuff out of my head that's been floating around for a few days. So here we have the band Mission Of Burma and their song That's How I Escaped My Certain Fate which was released originally in 1982. They formed in Boston in 1979 but disbanded only 4 years later due to their guitarist/vocalist developing tinnitus and then reformed in 2002 and have released 3 albums since. There is an added bonus of Tulsa being mentioned in the song so it fits for me right now. Anyway, here we go..............

No comments: