Thursday, March 11, 2010

Hot Tub Time Machine trailer



It's great to see John Cusack getting back to his 80s roots. For a long time he didn't want to even talk about his 80s teen movie roles even though they are clearly remembered and revered by fans across the globe. From the previews that I've seen it seems like this movie will be stupidly funny and I mean that in a good way. Not every movie needs to have a message about humanity. Some can just be stupid, silly fun that helps to relieve the stress of a hard day. I'm hoping that is what this film will be for me. As a straight man I can say that I love John Cusack, I mean John Cusack films. In his 80s teen movies he always seemed like a guy would could hang out with the geeks or the cool kids, kind of like being able to move between enemy camps sort of an all around nice guy. It's interesting to know that he was the only other actor to be seriously looked at for the title character of Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Makes me wonder how THAT film would have turned out.

No comments: