Friday, March 5, 2010

Fight Life: MMA Documentary by James Z. Feng

I've heard 2 interviews on podcasts that I listen to from James Feng who is the director of an upcoming documentary about mixed martial arts called Fight Life. His goal is to show the public what it's really like to be a fighter. Although a select few make a lot of money fighting MMA the truth is that the vast majority of fighters cannot support themselves from their earnings, instead they have to work regular jobs, usually in local events and hope that they can make it to the top. They do not have health insurance. So why do they do it?



I'm really looking forward to watching this film as I am an avid fan of MMA in general and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu in particular. In an effort to help spread the word (even though nobody reads this blog) I wanted to have the preview available. From the looks of it this should be a very entertaining and serious look at what goes on in the MMA world. I'll be keeping an eye out for more information as it becomes available.

No comments: